Creeps moving too fast (somehow culture problem or similar)

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Hi

I'm from Denmark, so I'm not using US culture on my machine - which makes the game a little different than it should be :)

My "landslow" creep moves very fast - when the game is build on my machine!

They move fast if Speed="0.5" but if I change the Speed="0,5" (it's a comma now - which is 0.5 in danish culture) they move like they should.

So I guess there is someking of Culture bug in the importers that read the XML files.

This is pretty annoing - I can change my culture when I build the game, but it's really not a nice work around.

Hope you can fix it. My culture is da-DK.

Developer
Oct 20, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2011 at 1:34 PM

I can try and fix this for properties that only have one value, but I cannot fix this for properties that have two values, like the GUI settings. (Position="X,Y") Those are CSV, and I'd rather not break the v1 codebase for others to support different cultures, if you understand what I mean.

I'll put this up as an issue for single float importing, and think about how I might change v2 to support different cultures in every setting.

Thanks for reporting this, it isn't something I would have found myself. :)

EDITED

Sorry, I must have misread. You're saying it is correct if you use the style for your culture rather than en-US?

So the preference is to force it to en-US for importing floats? (As in 0.5 only, no comma support)

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:54 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Yep I want to be forced to use en-US, as that's what you are use to use, even as a danish programmer :)

So please force everything to be read as en-US (0.5).

Developer
Oct 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I'll make this a work item, and let people vote on it.

Developer
Oct 20, 2011 at 1:59 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM

http://scripttd.codeplex.com/workitem/7375

It's likely that I will do this, as it removes an issue where someone tries to use a comma with the dual value properties I mentioned. However I just want to let people raise any issues if they want.

Vote if you approve, or comment if you don't. (Expain why)

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Great :)