Suggestions for vNext

Developer
Oct 29, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be busy with unrelated tasks for the next couple of weeks, so in the meanwhile I thought I should gather some input on what people are looking for in v2 or future versions. We're planning out a little roadmap right now so we can see what to do for v2, and so I can make the necessary changes to support future features.

I'd like to get input from the people using this, so please feel free to make and discuss suggestions for what you would like in a future version, and it might make it in. I'm making some rather large changes to the internals, so there's a good chance v2 won't just work right off with your existing XML data, however I'm going to try and minimize any issues. At the same time I want to prepare a WP7.1/Mango version that at the very least compiles against the Mango libraries, which should have some immediate benefits. Feel free to make suggestions that involve Mango features as well.

Thanks,
Michael (Chr0n1x) - Developer

Oct 29, 2011 at 4:57 PM

It would be cool if the player could use an image as the background for a level.

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Way to hook up publisher's azure account for tracking high scores.

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Enemy animation

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:53 PM

How bout enabling the gameplay in reverse, where the player is using the accelerometer to move the creeps across the board, while the computer is setting up the towers.

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:54 PM

In addition, why don't we create a cloud game where one player is setting up the towers and another player on another phone is controlling the creeps. 

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Moving towers.

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Another coold idea is using a video as a background... maybe.

Oct 29, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Sounds great that work is being done to this project - thanks!

A nice feature would be to be able to define some paths the enemies would follow. So you had 100% control of each waves paths.

Oct 30, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Another nice feature would be to kind of reverse the logic of the "block" cells. So instead of telling the game where you cannot place a tower, you tell the game where you CAN place a tower, and towers can then only be placed in these particular cells.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Cod3r wrote:

It would be cool if the player could use an image as the background for a level.

I'm not sure I understand. How is this different to how it is currently done?

Developer
Nov 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM
madlibrarian wrote:

Moving towers.

As in towers that move on their own? or towers that can be picked up and put down somewhere else without selling/buying again?

Nov 10, 2011 at 12:29 AM
chr0n1x wrote:
madlibrarian wrote:

Moving towers.

As in towers that move on their own? or towers that can be picked up and put down somewhere else without selling/buying again?

Sadly, I don't remember exactly what I was thinking at the time, but a tower that moves on its own during game play is not a bad idea.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:07 AM

to be able to animate enemy creeps from a sprite sheet.  also creeps comming from multiple paths at the top of the screen would be cool.