Changing Font and Font Colours

Nov 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Hi there,

First off, I just wanted to thank the developers of this amazing tool!  I've always wanted to learn to program/make a game but it always seemed so daunting.  This tool is helping me do both and I'm having a ton of fun in the process.  Now, that being said, I am a complete n00b and need some advice.  I was wondering how I can change the font, for things like "New Game" or "Cash".  Secondly, I was wondering how I find the colour codes?  I get that 255, 255, 255, 255 is white and I get that changing it to 0, 0, 0, 255 is black, but I can't figure out how to get green or blue or any other colours.  I looked online for colour codes but all I got was HTML codes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize if this is super basic stuff.  Thanks again!

Developer
Nov 9, 2011 at 9:44 PM
In xna fonts are in .spritefont files
So in the game, inside the content folder there is a fonts folder, and inside there you can find one of those files. If you open it with a text editor it is generally self explanatory, but inside there you can change the font type.

Colors are specified in a R, G, B, A format, so as you said, 255,255,255,255 is white. For red you want to go with 255,0,0,255. So every part has a range of 0-255.
For green it would be 0,255,0,255 and for blue it would be 0,0,255,255.
You can use smaller values and mixtures to make any color.

Michael

On 10/11/2011, at 5:44 AM, "camronnba" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi there,

First off, I just wanted to thank the developers of this amazing tool! I've always wanted to learn to program/make a game but it always seemed so daunting. This tool is helping me do both and I'm having a ton of fun in the process. Now, that being said, I am a complete n00b and need some advice. I was wondering how I can change the font, for things like "New Game" or "Cash". Secondly, I was wondering how I find the colour codes? I get that 255, 255, 255, 255 is white and I get that changing it to 0, 0, 0, 255 is black, but I can't figure out how to get green or blue or any other colours. I looked online for colour codes but all I got was HTML codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize if this is super basic stuff. Thanks again!